Walailak University Bangkok Coordination Subdivision (WUBKK) is one of the departments of Walailak University that is mainly responsible for facilitating and supporting activities of the university and assists with coordinating between government agency and private sector in Bangkok and nearby provinces. WUBKK also supports internal departments and academic activities of schools. There are 3 main services provided: Meeting Services, Public Relation Services and Conference Room Services all of which contribute to higher electricity usage.
In order to conform with GreenWu Policy, WUBKK is planning and promoting “Green Campaign” that relates to the behavior of WUBKK officers in daily life (such as fuel energy, electrical energy and tap water energy).
Currently, WUBKK has begun to use resources and energy efficiently and is always alert to protect the environment.
Walailak University Bangkok Coordination Subdivision is located in 979/42-46 SM Tower, 19th Fl., Phaholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400. Our total area has 1235.76 square metre and it is divided into 5 units (Unit A – E ) including with office zone, administrator room, meeting room, lecture room and library. Recently, Unit B is a office of Walailak University International College of Dentistry.
WUBKK Green Area
WUBKK is located in a high-rise building, so we have limited area to make a green space
Walailak University Bangkok coordination Subdivision has 4 personnel.
1. Miss Orapin Chaiyapong Acting for Head of Walailak University Bangkok Coordination Subdivision
2. Mrs. Kanchana Chitwichot Administrative Officer
3. Miss Sumetta Urarot Administrative Officer
4. Mr. Poramain Rakdee Technician
Using electrical appliances for saving energy
We are planning and promoting “WUBKK Green Campaign” that relates to the GreenWu Policy. Beginning with the behavior of WUBKK officers in daily life, collect data about using electrical appliances.
Measures to control the using of electrical appliances in offices
1.1 Air Conditioner
- A/C is set between 25-26 degrees celsius and we also turn off at midday.
- We always maintain and keep air conditioners updated.
- Lights are turned off at midday.
- We use an electrical device “Label No.5”
- We always maintain and keep electrical devices updated.
1.3 Office Appliances
- We use standby mode and turn off computer screens at midday.
- We use standby mode and turn off at midday.
Number of Electrical Appliances @ WUBKK
- 23 Computers
- 1 Scanner
- 2 Printers
- 1 Fax Machine
- 1 Photocopier
- 14 Air Conditioners “2 A/C have Label No.5”
- 1 Shredder
- 2 Refrigerators
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Thermos Bottle
- 2 Electric Water Boilers
- 2 Coolers
- 14 LCD TVs
- 3 Fans
- 4 Audio-Visual Equipment Sets
WUBKK has converted LED lamps from incandescent lamps in some areas (such as WUBKK office, WUICD office, meeting room 1 and lecture room 1
Electricity consumption in 2021 (comparable to 2020)
Electricity Consumption During October 2020 – July 2021
During October 2020 – July 2021, Walailak University Bangkok Coordination Subdivision were used total electricity consumption 41,514 units (kwh) amounting to electricity bill 174,625.60 baht. A decrease of 4,221 units (kwh) or 9.23 percent, the amount of electricity costs decreased by 25,672.22 baht or 12.82 percent.
The Reduction of Greenhouse Gas
WUBKK is located in a high-rise building, so we have limited area to make a green space, but we grow trees around the office for making more green space.
We grow trees around the office.
Energy Conservation Policy
We are promoting “Green Campaign” under the name of “WUBKK Efficient Energy Use” that relates to the behavior of WUBKK officers and students in daily life (such as fuel energy, electrical energy and tap water energy). In order to conform with Green WU Policy, so we are going to continue our green project that followed:
1. Encourage officers and students realize value of energy
2. Reduce unnecessary energy consumption
3. Provide energy conservation measure
4. Transfer ideas and methods for using energy correctly and worthily for officers and students
5. Conserve energy and protect the environment in the department to be clean and safe
The Reduction of Paper and Plastic Policy
- Save paper by printing on both sides whenever possible.
- E-meeting system helps to reduce waste from paper documents.
We will reuse boxes and envelopes.
2 colors with 2 types of trash bins
- Green trash bin for “Wet Waste”
- Yellow trash bin for “Dry Waste”
Tap Water Usage Information @ WUBKK
|Years||Number of Tap Water Usage (Unit)||Number of Natural Sources of Water (Cubic Meter)|
Note: Fee Rate of Tap Water (25 Bath/Unit)Water Conservation Easy ways to conserve water !
- When brushing your teeth, close the tap!
- Check faucets, toilets, and pipes for leaks
“Use water but never waste water!”
We have one van for facilitating with administrators, supporting activities and receiving documents.
Measures to Control The Using Vehicle
1. Should be drive at a suitable speed according to the law. (Not more than 90 km / hrs.)
2. Should be plan the route and plan your travel for reducing the distance.
3. Should not be start the engine and load store luggage that is not needed.
4. Always maintain all systems of vehicle for efficiently
Walailak University Bangkok Coordination Subdivision conform with GreenWu Policy, WUBKK is planning and promoting “Green Campaign”that relates to the behavior of WUBKK officers in daily life and using product from nature to adapt in catering arrangements and set of gift baskets.